I started using this during my sophomore year at Edmond Memorial High School (EMHS) and I personally enjoy it because it kind of forces you to pay attention to the material. Which is a big improvement for me. So I did research and found out it was a free resource so I installed it on our Canvas Learning Management System (LMS).
How will I be graded?
Since you can embed EdPuzzle assignments into a Canvas assignment it automatically grades it in your Canvas gradebook. Of course I can still manually change the grade, but it saves me time on the grading.
Will this replace the way we learn?
No, not at all. This will be 1 of your 3 weekly assignments. I choose a video and we watch and answer the questions I make.
What embed options do you have?
On my teacher dashboard I can embed videos from almost every popular video site. They are listed below.
- EdPuzzle (video made by other users on the site) (https://edpuzzle.com/home)
- YouTube (most popular video sharing website) (https://www.youtube.com/)
- Khan Academy (school lesson explainer) (https://www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy)
- National Geographic (Science and History Videos)(https://www.youtube.com/user/NationalGeographic)
- TED Talks (Talks on almost any topic you can imagine) (https://www.youtube.com/user/TEDtalksDirector)
- Numberphile (Math YouTube Channel) (https://www.youtube.com/user/numberphile)
- Crash Course (Social Studies YouTube Channel) (https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse)
- Veritasium (Science YouTube Channel) (https://www.youtube.com/user/1veritasium)
Free Trial or Forever Free
To the best of my knowledge this program will be forever free because all it asked during sign up was for my email and a password. If this does change this article will be updated!